- REDD+ projects often need more rigorous monitoring
- “Mikoko Pamoja” Mangrove Conservation & Carbon Offset Project Launched
- Are sector-based approaches to climate change becoming obsolete?
- Economic valuation of mangrove ecosystem services: fisheries in the Gulf of California
- Watershed Payments Topped $8.17 Billion In 2011
Tag Archives: Research
A recent study by scientists at the Center for International Forestry Research in Indonesia and Wageningen University in the Netherlands, published in Environmental Research Letters (ERL), has found that half of the 20 sampled climate change mitigation (REDD+) projects do … Continue reading
Access and Benefits in Payments for Environmental Services and Implications for REDD+: Lessons from seven PES schemes
By Sango Mahanty This paper presents findings from a study of seven Payment for Environmental Service (PES) schemes that assessed impacts on livelihoods and implications for the design of incentive mechanisms for Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and forest Degradation (REDD+). It … Continue reading
Participatory modelling frameworks to understand well being trade-offs in coastal ecosystem services.
This project is designed to develop a framework and associated tools to explicitly identify trade-offs between ecosystem services and between the wellbeing of different stakeholders resulting from policy and development scenarios and environmental change. We will achieve this by combining … Continue reading